SABAH BE here for you – MICE INCENTIVE 2020-2021
Under the Sabah New Deal, a special budget is set aside for a MICE incentive to hold events at SICC or other venues that can provide similar facilities such as hotels/resorts. This area of business will contribute to the tourism economic sectors through their MICE activities, such as food, shopping, transportation and accommodations. The hotels, as the main suppliers of such activities, are hoped to benefit from these incentives. Eligible organisers would be able to apply for the incentive up to a maximum of RM100,000 for domestic and international events with at least 30 participants. In order to attract international events, the incentive will be valid for business events held from 31 July 2020 until 31 December 2021 which is applicable to national and international events.
- Terms & Conditions
- Submission of completed Request for Support Form (available online: www.be.sabahtourism.com) to be submitted minimum of 45 days prior to the date of group arrival to ensure applicants are given ample time for consideration.
- Complete list of participants and group’s programme must be submitted to MICE Committee minimum 14 days prior to group arrival.
- Inclusion of STB logo in event’s backdrop
- Sabah Destination video to be shown in one of the official functions
- Submission of event’s images in USB within two weeks of event completion, which STB could use for promotional purposes
- The incentive is specifically for events that constitute Corporate Meetings, Incentive Group, Business Events and Exhibition.
- National and International events with minimum 30 participants. (National participants from Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak or Labuan).
- Minimum stay of 2 nights in Sabah.
- Eligible Applicants for incentive –
- Destination Management Companies (DMC)
- Professional conference organizer
- Incentive Houses
- Local Associations (Rotary Club, Lions, Intan Jaycees, etc)
- Professional bodies with local chapter in Sabah or Malaysia
- GLC/Agencies that are sole organizer of event
- Corporate companies holding corporate meetings
*Only one eligible applicant per event
- Reimbursement to be made after completion of event
- The MICE Committee reserves the right to decline support for any late application and incomplete supporting documents.
- Reimbursable amount are based on the number of National and International participants only.
- Grant Application Period: 16 July 2020 – 15 November 2021
- Event Period: 31 July 2020 – 31 December 2021
- Event Support
- National & International
RM100 per participants and up to maximum RM100,000.00
– Minimum group size 30pax
- National – All Malaysians except Local and non-local residing in Sabah
- Applicable to international and domestic corporate meetings and incentive group as defined by SITE (Society of Incentive Travel Executives).
- National & International
For reimbursement purpose, organizers are required to submit the following documents to the MICE Committee not later than 4 weeks after the event is completed: –
- Copy of receipts paid by the organizer to the suppliers e.g. SICC
- The approved support letter from the MICE Committee
- Copy of invoices of the relevant expenditures
- Final number of participants’ list
- The Post-event report